Sunday, April 2, 2017

China Camp 14 miler


Well, the sign warns you about the mountain lions and I managed to best the wild turkey I encountered last weekend, but nothing prepared me for the wiles of the rabbits and the roots. I was jogging along pleasantly about mile 6, when a bunny hopped across the path in front of me. I thought, "Oh, how cute the bunny, look at those ears!" and my eyes followed him into the bushes. At that same moment a vicious root reached out and grabbed my left toe and down I went. I could hear the bunny laughing as I got up and brushed off my scraped shoulder, elbow and knee. 
Fortunately I only suffered scrapes and was able to finish the remaining 8 miles. My buddy Lisa fell last weekend on her run. I guess this was a sympathy fall. 




No comments:

Post a Comment